Best Roof Top Tents for Jeep Wrangler
Americans love the Jeep Wrangler for its overland adventures. This love stems from valid reasons—the jeep’s impressive off-road capability, rugged terrain endurance, and affordable price tag.
For the ultimate camping experience, Jeep owners have resorted to rooftop tents, a safer, convenient, and more versatile accommodation option for outdoor adventures.
The Jeep Wrangler is easily compatible with most rooftop tents. Because of its high roof weight capacity, it can fit almost every tent out there, from heavyweight hard shell rooftop tents to foldable, lightweight soft shell tents.
So how do you know the best Jeep Wrangler rooftop tent to buy?
This guide will teach you all about rooftop tents for Jeep Wranglers, including:
- The 2 major types of rooftop tents
- Unique features of a rooftop tent
- Why you need a rooftop tent for your Jeep Wrangler
- The current prices of the best rooftop tents
- What Jeep Wrangler owners love about their rooftop tents
(Click the link to jump ahead)
⭐ Score 9.2/10
Best for All Seasons Camping
- All seasons camping rooftop tent
- 2.5" thick high-density foam mattress
- A built-in skylight for panoramic views
- An anti-condensation mat for extra dryness
The Hutch Tents Ontario 4 RTT is a 4 season tent with sturdy construction that withstands extreme weather conditions like strong winds and heavy snows, letting you camp comfortably all through the year.
Important Features of the Hutch Tents Ontario 4 RTT
- An optional annex - Provides extra sheltered space
- High-density foam mattress - 2.5” thick mattress for a comfortable night’s rest
- Built-in skylight - Provides a panoramic view of the beautiful skyline during the day and stars at night
How the Hutch Tents Ontario 4 Compares With Other Jeep Wrangler Rooftop Tents
- More sheltered space - Purchase the optional annex alongside your tent to enjoy extra ground-level living space. Use this space to relax with friends and family, take naps, cook, or change your clothes.
- Extra dryness - Its unique feature, the anti-condensation mat, keeps the tent’s base and mattress dry and mold/mildew resistance.
⭐ Score 9.4/10
Best for Maximum Comfort
- Tri-layer technology for maximum comfort in any weather
- Screened windows and door for panoramic views
- Comfortably sleeps 2–3 people
- Lightning-fast set up
The FRS Adventure 55" GS Premium rooftop tent is the Chanel of rooftop tents—it’s elegant, durable, and extremely convenient with all you need for the most comfortable camping experience.
With its unique tri-layer fabric technology, the tent will hold heat in freezing weather but allow ventilation and cooling in the hot summer, keeping you comfortable in all seasons.
Besides, taking down or setting up the FRS 55" GS Premium RTT is entirely automated and super-fast. Within 15-30 seconds, you’ll have your tent up without any assistance!
Important Features of the FSR Adventure 55" GS Premium RTT
- Lightning-fast set up and take down - Takes anywhere between 15–30 seconds, faster than regular tents, which take up to 5 minutes
- Oversized windows on each side - Gives you fantastic panoramic views of the surroundings from your bed
- Lightweight - Weighs only 118 lbs, making this rooftop tent highly portable and easy to set up
How the High Country 55” Compares With Other Jeep Wrangler Rooftop Tents
- Fastest installation time - While most rooftop tents take up to 5 minutes to install, the FSR Adventure RTT is up in 30 seconds, thanks to its integrated gas strut technology that activates its deployment in an instant.
- Better sky viewing - The tent boasts screened windows and doors that offer panoramic views of the surroundings.
⭐ Score 9.7/10
Best for Families or Large Group Camping
- 3” high-density foam mattress
- Comfortably sleeps 4–5 people
- Optional annex for extra room
- Ideal for all-season camping
The OVS Nomadic 4 rooftop tent is a sturdy, all seasons tent with ample space to comfortably fit up to five campers, making it an excellent option when camping as a group or with family.
Apart from its size, the OVS Nomadic 4’s quality and craftsmanship are unmatched. It’s made of a highly durable, marine-grade waterproof fabric that can withstand all forms of harsh weather, and includes a built-in skylight window that enhances ventilation.
Important Features of the OVS Nomadic 4 RTT
- 3” high-density foam mattress - Thicker than most rooftop tents, which are 2” wide, hence providing maximum comfort
- Heavy-duty diamond plate - Insulates the tent’s base, keeping you warm on cold nights
- Mesh screen on windows - Prevents insect invasion and increases airflow in the tent
How the OVS Nomadic 4 Compares With Other Jeep Wrangler Rooftop Tents
- Includes a storage bag - Rare to many models, the OVS Nomadic 4 features a storage bag attached to its base. This allows you to place your muddy shoes outside the tent, keeping its interior clean and dry.
- Ample sleeping space - The OVS Nomadic 4 is spacious enough to comfortably sleep up to 5 people and comes with an optional annex that provides extra sheltered ground space.
⭐ Score 9.2/10
Best Budget Rooftop Tent
- High-quality, low-cost tent
- Weighs only 108 lbs
- Includes a rainfly that prevents water leaks
- Easy to set up
If you’re looking for the best budget RTT for your Jeep Wrangler without compromising on quality, the OVS TMBK 3 Person Roof Top Tent is for you.
Despite its affordability, the OVS TMBK is made of a solid waterproof polyester fabric that ensures your tent’s interior remains dry when camping in the rain.
Important Features of the OVS TMBK 3 Person Roof Top Tent
- Lightweight - Weighs only 108 lbs, hence very easy to transport and install
- Includes a rainfly - Prevents leaks into the tent when it rains
- 2.5" thick high-density foam mattress - For a comfortable night’s rest
How the OVS TMBK 3 Compares With Other Jeep Wrangler Rooftop Tents
- Most budget-friendly option - With its sturdy construction, comfortable mattress, and large sleeping capacity, the OVS TMBK offers you a lifetime service at a deal. It’s the most affordable option on our list, but with great features like the rest.
- Super lightweight - The tent only weighs 108 lbs, making it the lightest on our list. This makes it extremely easy to set up and carry.
"For the money, this is a great buy. It’s easy to install, easy to set up, and very comfortable." Bike Dork
What is a Roof Top Tent?
A rooftop tent is a camping setup installed on the roof of your Jeep Wrangler to provide safe, comfortable, and convenient accommodation.
Contrary to ordinary ground tents, a rooftop tent takes less time to set up (usually 8–10 minutes). You can camp anywhere and still be comfortable, whether on snowy grounds or rocky terrains.
There are 2 major types of a rooftop tent, both compatible with the Jeep Wrangler:
- Hard shell rooftop tent: It has a rigid appearance because its body is made of a hard material like fiberglass or hard plastic.
- Soft shell rooftop tent: It’s made of a softer (but durable) and lightweight fabric like canvas which can be folded to cover a smaller surface area. When unfolded, it creates a sleeping area that’s almost double its size when closed.
Advantages and Benefits of a Roof Top Tent for Your Jeep Wrangler
Maximum Rest and Comfort
Rooftop tents come with a high-density foam mattress that’s more comfortable and thicker than air mattresses and sleeping bags used in ground tents.
The OVS Nomadic 4 rooftop tent, for instance, comes with a 3” thick high-density foam mattress for maximum comfort after a long day of traveling.
If you’ve ever slept in a ground tent during a snowstorm or heavy rains, you most likely spent the whole night holding on to the tent, found yourself in a puddle of water the next morning, or even worse, woke up with a severely damaged tent.
But not with a rooftop tent. Rooftop Tents USA offers the most durable RTTs on the market. Our hard shell rooftop tents have a sturdy fiberglass panel that pops straight up or at an angle when installed, ensuring the tent stays put even in harsh weather conditions.
The soft shell RTTs, on the other hand, are made using a sturdy but soft fabric like canvas, which can be adjusted for extra tightness when it gets windy.
Common Features of a Roof Top Tent for Jeep Wranglers
1 - A Built-In Mattress
A rooftop tent has a built-in mattress that stays in place even when folded. Therefore, you won’t have to go through the struggles of inflating a sleeping pad or an air mattress after a long, tiresome day in the woods.
This also means that the mattress won’t take up any storage space in your Wrangler, giving you ample space to carry other camping essentials like a camp stove and a survival kit.
2 - A Detachable Annex
Some softshell rooftop tents, like our Hutch Tents Ontario 4, include a detachable annex that provides extra sheltered space.
Though optional, the annex is a vital add-on to your rooftop tent for various reasons:
- Serves as a changing room when you’re camping as a group
- Acts as a storage room for bags and other camping gear
- Offers an additional sleeping area
- Provides a larger shade area to shelter you from the scorching sun
- Ideal sleeping ground for pets
3 - Large Windows for Panoramic Views
There’s nothing more fascinating than observing the landscape’s breathtaking views from the comfort of your bed.
Rooftop tents feature large windows that give you a panoramic view of the beautiful skies and surrounding environment.
Alt: Smittybilt Overlander’s large windows
Price Range for Roof Top Tents for Jeep Wrangler
Rooftop tent prices for a Jeep Wrangler will vary depending on the tent’s model, quality, sleeping capacity, and construction, among other factors.
At Rooftop Tents USA, our tents are of the highest quality but with the lowest prices in the industry, allowing you to create memorable camping experiences without breaking the bank.
Below are the current prices of the Jeep Wrangler rooftop tents in this guide:
Hutch Tents Ontario 4 Rooftop Tent
FSR Adventure 55" Rooftop Tent
OVS Nomadic 4 Rooftop Tent
OVS TMBK 3 Person Rooftop Tent
What People Are Saying About Their Jeep Wrangler Rooftop Tents
For Jeep Wrangler overlanders with rooftop tents, camping has become more exciting than ever. The tents provide secure, spacious, and convenient accommodation, giving them the ultimate “van life experience”.
Here’s what Jeep Wrangler owners say they love about our rooftop tents:
- They provide a better view of the surroundings.
- They’re easy to install and take down.
- They come with comfortable mattresses for a great sleep.
- The tents keep them safe from animals and crawling insects.
"Great RTT for a budget. It’s easy to mount, very sturdy, has a decent sleeping pad and easy setup." Jeff
"The simplistic design of this rooftop tent makes for easy setup and stowing." Jarrod S
“I took this tent for a weekend trip. It rained, snowed, and it was windy, but this tent worked great.” Steven S. Heitman
Choose the Best Rooftop Tents for Your Jeep Wrangler
Get the ultimate camping experience with the best rooftop tents for your Jeep Wrangler.
At Rooftop Tents USA, we believe in having the best time exploring our landscapes while maintaining maximum safety. Our rooftop tents are highly durable, versatile, convenient, and secure, giving you all you need for safe and comfortable camping.
Check our entire collection of rooftop tents below.
For further inquiries, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’ll get back to you in no time.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.
Free & Fast shipping
Free shipping on all orders - no minimum order required!
Hassle Free Returns
Check out our Return Policy
Speak to our RTT experts!
Your payment information is processed securely.