Best Roof Top Tents for Honda Odyssey
A rooftop tent (RTT) perched on your Honda Odyssey’s roof is your gateway to the most comfortable and convenient outdoor experience.
You won’t need any accommodation booking while on your off-roading adventures; just a parking spot or a camping site, and you’re set.
Super easy to install, a rooftop tent is usually up within 5 minutes and is spacious enough to sleep up to five people.
But with the endless options on the market, choosing the best tent for your Honda can be challenging.
To ease your decision, we’ve reviewed the five best Honda Odyssey rooftop tents. As we go through them, you’ll learn:
- Why you need one for your car
- What makes them unique
- Their current prices
- What people love about them
- Where to get them at the best deals
(Click the link to jump ahead)
⭐ Score 9.7/10
Best for Panoramic Viewing
- Sleeping capacity of 2–3
- Lighting-fast setup and take down
- Oversized windows for panoramic views
- Optional annex for extra sheltered space
With its oversized windows—providing a 360° view—the FSR High Country 55” allows you to gaze at the sky and the beautiful landscapes from the comfort of your bed.
Important Features of the FSR High Country 55" Rooftop Tent
- Lightweight - Weighs only 120 lbs, making it easy to install and transport
- Tri-layer body fabric technology - Retains heat in the tent when it’s cold and cools it in hot weather, ensuring you stay comfortable in any season
- 360° window design - Allows room for you to sit up and view the surroundings from any angle fully
How The High Country 55” Compares With Other Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
- Fabric design - The RTT uses a tri-layer body fabric technology which most rooftop tents lack to provide a conducive sleeping environment in any season.
- Fastest installation time - Most rooftop tents take 3–5 minutes to install, but the High Country 55” features integrated gas struts that get it ready in 60 seconds.
⭐ Score 9.2/10
The Best Budget Rooftop Tent
- All-season camping tent
- Sleeping capacity of 4
- 3" thick high-density foam mattress
- Skylight window that improves ventilation
The OVS TMBK is a high-quality tent ideal for Honda Odyssey owners who are looking to buy a strong rooftop tent without breaking the bank. The tent is made from durable materials like marine-grade stainless steel hardware and waterproof heavy-duty polyester, guaranteeing a lifetime service despite its affordability.
Important Features of the OVS TMBK Rooftop Tent
- Lightweight - Weighs only 108 lbs
- Heavy-duty travel cover - Protects the tent from harsh weather, tears, and scratches when not in use
- Weight capacity of 750 lbs - Sturdy enough to hold up to 3 people and their luggage
How OVS TMBK Compares With Other Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
- The most budget-friendly - As a high-quality tent, the OVS TMBK offers the best value for its cost. It’s the most affordable rooftop tent on the list, with features similar to the rest.
- Lightweight - At just 108 lbs, the OVS TMBK is the lightest rooftop tent design on our list.
⭐ Score 9.4/10
Best Hard Shell Rooftop Tent
- All-season camping tent
- Sleeping capacity of 1–2, or 2–3, depending on the model
- Hard shell design
- Super fast setup and take down
The FSR Odyssey Series is a strong tent with robust construction and an aerodynamic design that gives it a low profile. This ensures your Honda’s miles per gallon (MPG) remain the same throughout your journey.
Important Features of FSR Odyssey Series Rooftop Tent
- Offers variety - Comes in different size options: 49” for 1–2 campers and 55” for 2–3 campers
- Tri-layer fabric - Insulates the tent, keeping you warm on cold nights and cold on warm nights
- Aerodynamic design - Prevents wind resistance, maintaining your car’s MPG while on the road
How the FSR Odyssey Series Compares With Other Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
- Lightning-fast setup time - The rooftop tent is ready for use within 60 seconds, faster than most RTTs which take between 3–5 minutes.
- Low profile - The tent’s aerodynamic design gives it a low profile which prevents wind resistance, offering a smooth drive.
⭐ Score 9.3/10
Best for Maximum Comfort
- Anti-condensation mat that keeps tent dry
- Sleeping capacity of 3–4
- 2.5" thick high-density foam mattress
- Optional annex for extra space
The Hutch Tents Apex 3 is an excellent off-roading rooftop tent that’s sturdy and lightweight with a 2.5" thick high-density foam mattress that offers tremendous comfort during sleep.
Important Features of the Hutch Tents Apex 3 Rooftop Tent
- Well-built - Fabric made with UV-protected canvas that’s waterproof and resistant to mold and mildew
- Skylight - Includes a built-in skylight perfect for stargazing
- Optional annex - Provides extra living space
How the Hutch Tents Apex 3 Compares With Other Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
- Includes an anti-condensation mat - This rare feature lowers the temperature differences on the tent’s base, keeping the built-in mattress dry and free from mold and mildew.
- Extra storage space - The RTT features an optional annex that provides extra sheltered ground space.
⭐ Score 9.1/10
Best for Super Quick Installation
- Lightning-fast setup
- Sleeping capacity of 2–3
- Screened windows and door for panoramic views
- All-weather protection
The best remedy for a long-distance drive over rugged terrain is a lightweight rooftop tent with the shortest setup time possible. The FSR Adventure 55” Premium is such a tent—durable and convenient, it takes only 15–30 seconds for it to be ready to use, without any assistance.
Important Features of the FSR Adventure GS Premium Rooftop Tent
- Lightweight - Weighs only 120 lbs, therefore easy to transport and install
- Extra large windows - Gives you breathtaking views of the surroundings
- Lightning-fast setup - The tent is up in 30 seconds
How the FSR Adventure GS Premium Compares With Other Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
- Lightning-fast installation - While all rooftop tents are easy to install, the FSR Adventure GS Premium tops them all. In less than a minute, you’ll have your tent up and ready for use.
- All-season tent - Its sturdy construction helps it to withstand severe weather conditions like heavy rains and strong winds, hence usable in any season.
What Is a Rooftop Tent for Honda Odyssey?
A Honda Odyssey rooftop tent is a camping setup installed on the vehicle’s bed or roof rack to provide safe, secure, and comfortable accommodation.
The tent comes in two primary designs:
Advantages and Benefits of Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
Rooftop tents built to last are made with heavy-duty rip-stop polyester or canvas fabric that can withstand scratches and tears and high-denier polyester, which provides resistance to mildew, mold, and UV rays.
Rooftop Tents USA offers the most durable RTTs on the market. The OVS Bushveld rooftop tent, for instance, features a premium 600D rip-stop polyester canvas body fabric that’s strong enough for camping in any season.
Maximum Comfort During Sleep
With a rooftop tent, you don’t need to worry about waking up in a pool of water or holding your tent in place throughout the windy nights. It’s installed right on your Honda’s roof, keeping you warm and dry all night and away from animals and crawling insects that may disrupt your sleep.
Common Features of Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
1 - Quick Installation
Honda Odyssey rooftop tents are incredibly easy to set up. It takes only three steps:
- Arrive at your campsite
- Unfold or pop the tent open in 3–5 minutes
- Relax by your car, ready for a peaceful night’s rest
2 - Ease of Storage
You won’t have to unpack your RTT or search for a place to store it after camping. It can stay on top of your Honda Odyssey anytime, even when not in use.
Honda Odyssey rooftop tents are designed to fold neatly on your car’s rooftop under heavy-duty travel covers that are resistant to mold, dust, and mildew.
3 - Detachable Annex
Honda Odyssey rooftop tent models, like the Hutch Tents Ontario 4, feature a detachable annex that provides additional sheltered space for you to change your clothes, store extra camping gear, cook, or relax with friends and family.
Price Range for Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
Below are Rooftop Tents USA’s current prices for the Honda Odyssey rooftop tents in this guide:
FSR High Country 55” Rooftop Tent
OVS TMBK 3 Person Rooftop Tent
FSR Odyssey Series Rooftop Tent
Hutch Tents Apex 3 Roof Top Tent
FSR Adventure GS Premium Rooftop Tent
What Others Said About Honda Odyssey Rooftop Tents
Honda Odyssey overlanders and off-roaders love their rooftop tents because they provide the best and most convenient camping experience.
Let’s see what some of them are saying:
- They have a better view of their surroundings since they’re elevated off the ground.
- The tents are super easy to set up and take down.
- They’re very spacious and comfortably fit up to 5 people.
- They have a thick mattress that provides a good night’s rest.
Can I Install a Rooftop Tent on My Own?
Yes, it’s possible to install a rooftop tent without any assistance.
We recommend using a hoist that bears the tent’s weight and enables you to drive right under it. You can then safely drop the tent into place.
Begin Your Outdoor Adventures Today
A rooftop tent is the best investment you’ll make for safe and convenient outdoor adventures.
At Rooftop Tents USA, we love seeing you have the best, most secure outdoor experiences. That’s why we’re dedicated to offering the most durable, versatile, and comfortable rooftop tents for your Honda Odyssey.
Check out our entire collection of rooftop tents below; you can never run out of options.
And don’t hesitate to contact us for further assistance or inquiries.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.
Free & Fast shipping
Free shipping on all orders - no minimum order required!
Hassle Free Returns
Check out our Return Policy
Speak to our RTT experts!
Your payment information is processed securely.