Best Roof Top Tents for Land Rover
The Land Rover combines its high-end luxury amenities with impressive off-road features, like its high wading depth and rugged terrain endurance, making it a highly sought-after SUV for outdoor adventures.
However, for the ultimate outdoor experience, investing in a quality rooftop tent (RTT) for your Land Rover is crucial.
Unlike a regular ground tent, a rooftop tent is more spacious, easier to set up, and extremely versatile, so one tent can be compatible with all Land Rover models.
But not all rooftop tents are the same. They vary in size, sleeping capacity, price, and design, which can make choosing the best one for your Land Rover overwhelming.
For an easier decision-making process, we’ll provide you with some valuable insights on Land Rover rooftop tents in this guide and review the best four on the market.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The two major types of Land Rover rooftop tents
- Unique features of a Land Rover rooftop tent
- Why you need a rooftop tent for your Land Rover
- The current prices of the best Land Rover rooftop tents
- What Land Rover owners love about their rooftop tents
(Click the link to jump ahead)
⭐ Score 9.8/10
Best for Family or Large Group Camping
- All-season camping tent
- Sleeping capacity of 4–5
- 3" thick high-density foam mattress
- Skylight window that improves ventilation
The OVS Nomadic 4 rooftop tent is a strong, all-season tent that’s spacious enough to comfortably fit 4–5 campers, making it an ideal option when camping as a group or with family.
Alternatively, take it for a solo trip and use the extra space to store your camping essentials.
Important Features of the OVS Nomadic 4
- 3” high-density foam mattress - Provides maximum comfort during sleep, compared to most RTT mattresses which are 2”–2.5” thick
- Waterproof rainfly- Prevents leaks in the tent when it rains
- 6 interior storage compartments - Provides extra space to store your camping essentials
How the OVS Nomadic 4 RTT Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- Includes a storage bag - Attached to the tent’s base to store muddy shoes, keeping the tent clean and dry
- Provides maximum comfort - Has the thickest mattress in the list, giving you maximum comfort during rest
⭐ Score 9.4/10
Best Hard Shell Roof Top Tent
- Sleeping capacity of 1–2, or 2–3, depending on the model
- Built-in LED lighting for maximum illumination
- Tri-layer fabric technology for insulation
- Aerodynamic design for smooth driving
The FSR Odyssey has all you need in a hard shell rooftop tent—sturdy construction, adequate lighting, and a super-fast installation process.
With its aerodynamic, low-profile design, the tent ensures your Land Rover’s miles per gallon (MPG) remains the same throughout your journey.
Important Features of the FSR Odyssey RTT
- Tri-layer fabric technology- Insulates the tent, keeping you warm on cold nights and cool on warm nights
- Lightning-fast setup - Setup is automated and super fast, ensuring your tent is up within seconds
- Aerodynamic design - Maintains your MPG when overlanding, saving on your Land Rover’s fuel consumption
How the FSR Odyssey Series Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- Hard shell design - The only hard shell rooftop tent in our list, hence stronger and able to withstand severe weather conditions
- Fastest setup time - Goes up within 60 seconds, faster than most RTTs which take 3–5 minutes
⭐ Score 9.6/10
Best for Super Quick Installation
- Lighting-fast setup and take-down process
- Incredibly lightweight
- Large windows for panoramic viewing
- Comfortably sleeps up to 5 people
The FSR High Country 80” rooftop tent has an automated setup process, taking less than 30 seconds to put up or take down.
Important Features of the FSR High Country 80" Premium Rooftop Tent
- Tri-layer fabric technology - Provides maximum protection in all seasons, from extreme rain to extreme heat
- Lighting-fast setup and take down - Has a gas strut quick deployment feature which allows for instant deployment. This means that you can set up and take down the tent in seconds
- Oversized windows all around - Gives you a 360° view of your surroundings
How the FSR High Country 80” Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- Extra storage - Located on the tent’s top, and provides ample space to store other camping essentials, like camp chairs
- Provides maximum protection - Tri-layer fabric technology makes it a comfortable and safe tent in any weather
⭐ Score 9.3/10
Best for Camping in Any Season
- All-season rooftop tent
- Comfortably sleeps up to 5 campers
- Anti-condensation mat for extra dryness
- Optional annex for extra space
As a 4-season tent, the Hutch Tents Ontario 4 can withstand severe weather conditions like heavy rains and strong winds, letting you camp in any season throughout the year.
Important Features of the Hutch Tents Ontario 4 Rooftop Tent
- An optional annex - Provides extra sheltered space
- Built-in skylights - Provides a panoramic view of your surroundings
- 2.5” high-density foam mattress - Comfortable for a great night’s sleep
How the Hutch Tents Ontario 4 Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- More sheltered space - Includes an optional annex that adds extra space for cooking, changing clothes, storing equipment, and sleeping
- Extra dryness - Has an anti-condensation mat that keeps the base and mattress dry and free from moisture, molds, and mildew
⭐ Score 9.2/10
The Best Budget Rooftop Tent
- Easy to install and take down
- Heavy-duty waterproof polyester fabric
- A rainfly that prevents water leaks
The OVS TMBK 3 rooftop tent is an excellent choice if you want a low-cost tent for your Land Rover without compromising on quality.
Important Features of the OVS TMBK Roof Top Tent
- 2.5" thick high-density foam mattress - For a comfortable night’s sleep
- Lightweight - Weighs only 100 lbs, hence very easy to set up and transport
- Marine-grade polyester body fabric - Sturdy enough to withstand harsh weather conditions
How the OVS TMBK Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- The most budget-friendly - Offers the best price for a high-quality soft shell rooftop tent
- Super lightweight - The lightest RTT in our list, hence easy to install and transport
What Is a Roof Top Tent for a Land Rover?
A rooftop tent is a camping setup perched on the roof of your Land Rover. It provides secure, comfortable, and convenient accommodations.
With its quick installation time (normally 3–4 minutes), sturdy construction, and a thick, compact, high-density mattress, a rooftop tent will offer you the best camping experience.
This is quite the contrast to a regular tent staked to the ground. Ground tents are weak, lack a built-in mattress, and can take hours to set up.
Some great benefits of a rooftop tent include that:
- It’s set up on an elevated surface, giving you a better view of your surroundings.
- Sleeping off the ground keeps you out of animals’ and crawling insects’ reach.
- You won’t end up soaked in water when it rains.
- Some RTTs, like the Hutch Tents Apex 3, include an annex that provides additional sheltered space.
There are two major types of Land Rover rooftop tents: hard shell and soft shell.
A hard shell rooftop tent is made of solid materials like fiberglass and plastic, giving it its rigid appearance. Because of its sturdy construction, it can withstand harsh weather conditions, making it a great all-season tent.
A soft shell rooftop tent, on the other hand, is made of foldable and lightweight fabric like canvas and polyester, making it easy to install and transport. When unfolded, it covers twice the surface area it does when folded, which is spacious enough to fit up to six campers.
Advantages and Benefits of a Roof Top Tent for Your Land Rover
Maximum Comfort During Sleep
A rooftop tent keeps you safe and comfortable while you sleep out in the woods. It includes a built-in high-density mattress, often 2–3” thick, which is thicker than most air mattresses and sleeping bags.
The OVS Nomadic 3 rooftop tent, for instance, includes a 3” thick high-density foam mattress, giving you maximum comfort after a long day.
Easy to Install and Take Down
A rooftop tent is incredibly easy to set up and take down. All you have to do is unfold it or undo a few straps, and it’s ready to use, often within 3–4 minutes.
In addition, taking down the tent is just as simple. Everything folds up into the tent, leaving it ready for the next use.
Common Features of a Roof Top Tent for a Land Rover
1 - Oversized Windows for Panoramic Viewing
A rooftop tent for your Land Rover will feature extra-large windows, giving you a clear view of the sky and landscape. These windows also offer extra ventilation and cooling when the sun is scorching hot.
2 - A Detachable Annex for More Space
Models like the Hutch Tents Ontario 4 includes an optional annex which provides more sheltered space for:
- Relaxing with friends and family
- Changing clothes
- Storing extra camping gear
- Cooking and eating
3 - Sturdy Construction
Rooftop Tents USA offers the best Land Rover RTTs, built to last you a lifetime. The tent’s base, body, and poles are made using solid materials that can withstand severe weather conditions, like snow storms and strong winds.
These sturdy materials include hard plastic, aluminum, and fiberglass for hard shell tents, and canvas and polyester for soft shell tents.
Price Range for Roof Top Tents for a Land Rover
The average price of Land Rover rooftop tents can range anywhere between $1000 and $4000. The prices vary depending on the tent’s design, sleeping capacity, quality, and many other factors.
At Rooftop Tents USA, our tents are of the highest quality and at the lowest cost in the industry, allowing you to create memorable camping experiences without breaking the bank.
The table below lists the current prices of the Land Rover rooftop tents covered in this guide:
OVS Nomadic 4 Rooftop Tent
FSR Odyssey Series Rooftop Tent
FSR High Country 80” Rooftop Tent
Hutch Tents Ontario 4 Rooftop Tent
OVS TMBK 3 Person Roof Top Tent
What Land Rover Owners Are Saying About Their Roof Top Tent
Land Rover owners love their rooftop tent’s durability, versatility, and convenience.
Here’s what most of them are saying about the tents:
- They’re super spacious and can comfortably fit a family of 5.
- The windows are large and provide a panoramic view of their surroundings.
- They’re incredibly easy to set up and take down.
- They’re safer than ground tents.
Where Can You Camp With a Roof Top Tent?
You can set up a rooftop tent on your Land Rover anywhere camping is permitted—campsites, designated parking lots, national parks, and many other locations. A rooftop tent is extremely versatile, and can easily be installed whether on rugged terrain or next to a water source.
Select the Best Rooftop Tents for Your Land Rover
Pair your Land Rover with our highest-quality rooftop tents, and you’ll be set for some mind-blowing adventures.
Whether you want a small tent for solo travels or one spacious enough for a large family, we’ve got it all. You’ll be spoilt for choice with our entire rooftop tent collection.
Have any inquiries? Reach out to us, and we’ll respond in a minute.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.
Free & Fast shipping
Free shipping on all orders - no minimum order required!
Hassle Free Returns
Check out our Return Policy
Speak to our RTT experts!
Your payment information is processed securely.