Best Roof Top Tents for Ford Bronco
The Ford Bronco has been an iconic adventure vehicle since the 1960s.
Pair your Ford Bronco with a rooftop tent, and the possibilities are endless. Rooftop tents make it easy to camp in more places, more comfortably, and more often.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- Which rooftop tents can be used for a Ford Bronco
- The advantages and benefits of rooftop tents
- All about a few of the best rooftop tents
(Click the link to jump ahead)
⭐ Score 9.5/10
Best for Ultra-fast Installation
- Sleeps up to four campers on a king-size quilted memory foam mattress
- Hard shell design that's waterproof and built to last
- It's aerodynamic, allowing super fast setup and installation
- Ample storage thanks to the built-in personal pouches, a storage loft with 7 outside storage pouches, and 2 exterior shoes pouches
Overland Vehicle Systems (OVS) always uses the strongest and most high-quality materials for every part of their tents. The OVS Bushveld has a 600D weatherproof canvas with mil-spec waterproof sealing, perfect for all-seasons, all-weather camping.
Important Features of the OVS Bushveld RTT
- Nitrogen gas-charged strut system - For effortless installation
- Skylight - Enjoy the starry night sky as you fall asleep
- Heavy-duty materials - Extra-strong double 600D rip-stop body
How the OVS Bushveld Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- King-size mattress - More sleeping space than most rooftop tents can provide
- 3-Piece cantilever design - Unique design that distributes weight across your rooftop and extends your living space
The Bushveld’s cantilever design does an incredible job at providing ample and comfortable living space. The body orients horizontally across your roof rack, distributing its weight. When the tent is opened, a king-sized mattress unfolds to provide incredible outdoor comfort for your night’s sleep.
⭐ Score 9.6/10
Best for Large Camper Groups
- Sleeps up to five campers
- Oversized windows that offer a 360° degree view
- Super fast and automated setup and installation that takes less than 60 seconds
- Tri-layer body fabric to keep you comfortable in all weather conditions
With open dimensions of 98” W x 80” L x 49” H, the FSR High Country 80” is one of the most spacious rooftop tents on the market.
Important Features of the FSR High Country 80” Rooftop Tent
- Sleeps up to five - One of the largest rooftop tents available
- Oversized windows - Enjoy 360° views from inside your tent
- Durability - Extruded aluminum alloy frame for unbreakable strength
How the FSR High Country 80” Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- Size - Among the largest rooftop tents
- Extra thick mattress - 2.5” high-density foam mattress for a blissful night’s sleep
The FSR High Country 80” is one of the largest and highest-quality rooftop tents. The interior dimensions aren’t just enormous, they’re also efficiently squared (rather than long and thin) to create a more pleasant living area.
⭐ Score 9.4/10
Best Size Option for 1–2 or 2–3 Campers
- Sleeps 1–2 or 2–3 campers, depending on the model
- Low profile and aerodynamic design
- Super fast automated setup and installation that takes 15–30 seconds
- Comes with USB powered ultra-bright LED light strip
The Freespirit Recreation (FSR) Odyssey series comes in these sizes:
- 49” for 1–2 campers
- 55” for 2–3 campers
Both options are weatherproof, comfortable, and install in mere seconds using the frame’s gas strut assist system.
Important Features of the FSR Odyssey Series RTT
- Size options - Get the same great features in either a 1–2-person or 2–3-person design
- Interior lighting - Interior LED light strip included
- Hardshell frame - Made from aluminum honeycomb plating
How the FSR Odyssey Series Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- Faster setup - Gas struts in the frame enable complete setup in less than a minute
- Extra soft sleeping surface - 1.5” EPE flooring with 1.25” high-density foam mattress
All rooftop tents can be quickly assembled, but you can’t beat the FSR Odyssey series when it comes to fast and easy installation. Thanks to gas struts built into the frame, the tent opens up with nearly zero human effort required.
⭐ Score 9.2/10
Best Lightweight Rooftop Tent
- Sleeps up to four campers
- Soft shell design with an insulated base
- Includes a built-in skylight window on the roof to brighten your nights and improve ventilation
- Employs the universal mounting mechanism, which ensures setup takes less than 5 minutes
If cost is your main concern about a rooftop tent purchase, then consider the OVS TMBK. This tent is super lightweight and a terrific bargain for travelers on a budget.
Important Features of the OVS TMBK Roof Top Tent
- Heavy-duty hardware - Marine-grade stainless steel hinges and heavy aluminum-plated base
- Waterproof rainfly - Made from 420D heavy-duty polyester Oxford material
- Weight capacity - Supports campers and gear weighing up to 750 lbs
How the OVS TMBK Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- Price - Among tents that accommodate up to four campers, you won’t find a lower price
- Weight - Weighs just 108 lbs
If you’re concerned about overburdening your roof rack, the OVS TMBK is a safe choice. At just 108 lbs, this is one of the lightest tents available.
⭐ Score 9.2/10
Best Hard Shell Tent for 1–2 Campers
- Slim model that sleeps up to two campers
- Hard shell design that's super lightweight
- Comes with 2.5" thick high-density foam with a removable fabric cover
- All-weather protection thanks to the polyester canvas rip-stop body fabric
The Hutch Tents Bonanza 2 hard shell rooftop tent is a compact design that’s ideal for one or two campers. Hutch tents are always reasonably priced, so you won’t get a better bargain than the Bonanza 2 in the hard shell tent category.
Important Features of the Hutch Tents Bonanza 2 RTT
- Extra thick mattress - 2.5” high-density foam mattress for superior comfort
- Versatile body fabric - Polyester rip-stop canvas body is mold-resistant, UV-blocking, and waterproof
- Extra strength - Aluminum hard shell top for an extra-strong weatherproof roof
How the Hutch Tents Bonanza 2 Compares With Other Rooftop Tents
- Lightweight - Among the hard shell tents featured in this guide, the Bonanza 2 is the lightest
- Extra thick mattress - 2.5” high-density foam mattress
The Hutch Tents Bonanza 2 brings maximum strength and comfort to a small tent. For solo or coupled travelers, this tent is perfect. It’s lightweight, extra strong with a hard shell top, and provides a super soft corner-to-corner sleeping surface.
Which Rooftop Tents Can Be Used With a Ford Bronco?
A rooftop tent is a tent that can be installed on the roof rack or bed of a motor vehicle.
If you’re a Ford Bronco owner, most rooftop tents can be installed on your roof rack.
Before purchasing a tent for your Bronco, make sure that the tent’s weight doesn’t exceed your vehicle’s rooftop weight capacity. Packed rooftop tents typically weigh between 100–200 lbs.
Vehicles have two different weight capacities:
- Static weight: How much weight the vehicle can support when it’s not in motion
- Dynamic weight: How much weight the vehicle can support when it is in motion
Static weight limits are always higher, i.e. a car can support more weight when it’s parked.
Weight capacity varies by vehicle model, and tent weights also vary widely. So, be sure to check the specifications of both your Bronco model and your tent before making a purchase.
Advantages and Benefits of Rooftop Tents
Rooftop tents are luxurious. So, you might think that setting one up takes a lot of work.
Surprisingly, rooftop tents are actually much quicker to set up than traditional ground tents.
You’ll spend a maximum of 10 minutes (usually just 3–4 minutes) setting up your rooftop tent.
Rooftop tents simply “pop” into place. Open a few straps, lower your ladder, and you’re all set.
Comfort and Safety
If you’ve spent much time in traditional ground tents, you’ll be in for a treat when you upgrade to a rooftop tent.
No more rolling around on a thin sleeping pad on the rocky ground. Now, you’ll doze peacefully on a high-density foam mattress installed on a flat, firm base.
Elevated atop your vehicle, you’ll also be protected from all the ground-level hazards that come with ground-level camping, like mud, curious predators, and insects.
Common Features of Rooftop Tents
The most exciting feature of rooftop tents is their incredibly quick setup process. Setting up camp in mere moments is an incredible advantage.
Here are a few more of the most striking features that differentiate rooftop tents from ground tents.
1 - Soft Shell or Hard Shell
Rooftop tents come in two styles: soft shell or hard shell. Both designs attach to your roof rack and pop open for fast installation.
Hard shell tents tend to be extra easy to set up, as the hard shell expands upward via gas struts in the frame. Soft shell tents, meanwhile, have flexible designs that often provide more interior space than hard shell models.
2 - Ladder Access
When you open a rooftop tent, a built-in ladder pops out. A telescoping design is used to reduce the ladder’s size when the tent is packed. The ladder easily extends to ground level when you unpack your tent.
3 - Built-In Mattress
A rooftop tent achieves superior comfort with a built-in mattress. The material is typically high-density foam which provides a soft surface without adding too much weight or bulk to your tent package.
Price Range for Roof Top Tents for Ford Bronco
The smallest rooftop tents are built for 1–2 campers while the largest designs accommodate up to five.
Here’s the price range for tents currently available at Rooftop Tents USA.
Rooftop Tent Size
What Campers Are Saying About Rooftop Tents
Camping is more popular than ever. For some, it’s a way of life. Many travelers who set up camp on a regular basis find that a rooftop tent makes the perfect home away from home.
Here’s what campers appreciate most about rooftop tents:
- Improved safety and comfort make camping accessible for more people.
- Fast setup means it’s easier to camp more frequently with less hassle—perfect for extended road trips with multiple campsites.
- Small campsite footprint makes it easy to camp in more settings.
How Long Does it Take to Set up a Rooftop Tent?
You can completely set up most rooftop tents in just a few minutes. For some tents, the process is even faster. Just undo a few straps, and watch your tent pop into place. Check out the video below to see the convenience of a rooftop tent in action.
Caption: video showing the steps for setting up a Hutch rooftop tent
Pair Your Ford Bronco With an Amazing Rooftop Tent
Ready to take your Ford Bronco on some epic adventures? Rooftop Tents USA has what you’re looking for. Check out our entire collection of rooftop tents here.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.
Free & Fast shipping
Free shipping on all orders - no minimum order required!
Hassle Free Returns
Check out our Return Policy
Speak to our RTT experts!
Your payment information is processed securely.